Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Customer Protection initiates its login portal. Through this portal, government authorities can track the number of SIM cards registered to an individual. The primary objective behind launching this portal is to safeguard customers from fraudulent activities. By utilizing this platform, individuals can become more aware and proactive in protecting themselves.
What is the Telecom Analytics Portal?
The TAFCOP, short for Telecom Analytics for Fraud Management and Consumer Protection Portal, has been created to assist subscribers in monitoring the status of mobile connections associated with their identity. It empowers individuals to take necessary steps to regularize any additional mobile connections, if they exist. It’s important to note that the primary responsibility for managing Customer Acquisition Forms (CAFs) remains with the service providers.
The features offered by the Portal include automated SMS notifications for subscribers who have more than nine active connections registered under their name. This government-run platform allows you to verify and keep track of mobile connections linked to your identity, aiding in the detection of any unauthorized or fraudulent SIM cards issued in your name.
How can ordinary people benefit from Telecom Portal?
- Visit the Portal to access the following advantages:
- If you possess more than 9 SIM cards, use telecom analytics portal to follow the required procedures.
- Utilize the Telecom Portal to view a comprehensive list of mobile numbers linked to your identification.
- Enhance security against identity theft through the implementation of the new telecom anyltics.
- Track SIM card connections associated with your Aadhar card by registering with your mobile number or OTP on the Telecom Government Portal.
- Verify the status of your SIM cards by providing the necessary information at the portal.
Why is telecom portal important?
- SIM Swap Fraud : SIM swap fraud involves an individual obtaining a duplicate SIM card for your phone number and using it to gain access to your bank accounts, OTPs, or other sensitive information.
- Call Forwarding Fraud : It assists in detecting and preventing unauthorized call forwarding, which diverts your incoming calls to another number without your consent and may result in unexpected charges.
- International Roaming Fraud : The portal helps identify instances where someone activates international roaming on your number and engages in costly calls or data usage abroad without your knowledge.
- Fake KYC Fraud : It also serves as a valuable resource for recognizing situations in which someone fraudulently uses your identity documents to obtain a mobile connection in your name, subsequently engaging in unlawful activities.